The Argyll neighbourhood is located on land that was once identified, by the first river lot and township surveys of the Edmonton Settlement, as part of a halfsection of land held by J. Eamer. The Eamer family subdivided their property in 1912, just prior to its annexation to Edmonton in 1913. The area, however, remained substantially undeveloped until it was re-plotted and developed in the 1950s. More about Argyll...
The neighbourhood is a predominantly single-family residential area located between two branches of the Mill Creek Ravine terminating at Argyll Road. The vast majority (88%) of homes were developed just after WW II between 1946 and 1960.
This neighbourhood was originally called Edmonton City Heights but was renamed Argyll in honour of Sir Douglas Sutherland Campbell who was the ninth Duke of Argyll and Marquess of Lorne.
Information taken from City of Edmonton website.
Disclaimer: Information herein deemed reliable but not guaranteed by the EREB.
Listing information last updated on July 24th, 2017 at 9:02am MDT.