CLOVERDALE

From the turn of the century until the early 1980s, municipal and provincial governments have sought to protect the North Saskatchewan River Valley for the recreational enjoyment of Edmontonians. The City of Edmonton also recognizes that the river valley communities could play a vital role in the development of the city’s core. Cloverdale is situated along the south bank of the North Saskatchewan River near the centre of the city. Settlement of Cloverdale began in the 1870s when two farms were established. More about Cloverdale...

Cloverdale Listings

All Listings $200,000 - $300,000 $300,000 - $400,000
$400,000 - $500,000 $800,000 - $900,000 Over $1,000,000
10 Properties Found. Showing Page 1 of 1
Map
Sort by:

Most of today’s Cloverdale was annexed in 1907 by the Town of Strathcona and later became part of Edmonton when the two cities joined through amalgamation in 1912. By 1915 the neighbourhood was fully established with a school, stores, local industries and churches. Recreational open space has become the major land use in the neighbourhood, and beautiful Gallagher Park provides the stage for the annual Edmonton Folk Festival.

Transportation facilities have figured predominately in the development of Cloverdale. The North Saskatchewan River was of course the highway of the fur trade. The Low Level Bridge, with its southern approach in Cloverdale, was completed in 1902. Shortly thereafter, the Edmonton, Yukon, and Pacific Railway connected Edmonton to Strathcona via the Mill Creek Ravine and the bridge. Less than 10 years later, the bridge was part of Edmonton’s streetcar system. Today, three major roadways (98 Avenue, 99 Street, Connors Road) connect to two bridges (Low Level, James MacDonald) via Cloverdale.

Information taken from City of Edmonton website.

 

Disclaimer: Information herein deemed reliable but not guaranteed by the EREB.

Listing information last updated on July 25th, 2017 at 10:17pm MDT.