INGLEWOOD

Inglewood is located on land owned, in 1882, by J. Norris Sr. and R. Logan. Norris was a Scottish-born Hudson Bay Company employee who became a wagon freighter, a saw mill operator and a partner in a local merchandising firm, Norris and Carey. The property, which was situated on the trail between St. Albert and Edmonton, was, until the 1920s, an area favoured by First Nations communities for campsites while they did their business in the City. The Inglewood area was annexed to Edmonton in two stages, in 1904 and 1920. More about Inglewood...

Inglewood Listings

All Listings Under $100,000 $100,000 - $200,000
$200,000 - $300,000 $300,000 - $400,000 $400,000 - $500,000
$500,000 - $600,000 $600,000 - $700,000 $700,000 - $800,000
46 Properties Found. Showing Page 1 of 4
Map
Sort by:

Development in the area was spurred by the extension of the electric streetcar line to Alberta (118) Avenue via 124 Street in 1913. Street car service continued until 1948. Inglewood developed as a low density residential neighbourhood until the 1950s, but this began to change from the 1950s onwards. By 2006, low density residential units in Inglewood made up only 20% of units, while the greatest proportion on units are found in medium and higher density residential structures. The Bel Air apartment complex, off Groat Road, is an example of a 1950s large scale apartment complex. The Westmount Shopping Centre was built in 1955 in the adjacent Woodcroft neighbourhood. Inglewood’s proximity and access to shopping and employment centres fostered apartment development along major traffic routes and commercial corridors.

The name Inglewood was used on a 1905 plan of subdivision and is now applied to the neighbourhood. In the 1880s, Inglewood was the name used for one of the first communities in Calgary, Alberta.

Information taken from City of Edmonton website.

 

Disclaimer: Information herein deemed reliable but not guaranteed by the EREB.

Listing information last updated on September 23rd, 2017 at 3:46pm MDT.