JACKSON HEIGHTS

Jackson Heights is one of the 27 neighbourhoods of Mill Woods. The Government of Alberta assembled the Mill Woods land bank in 1970. Mill Woods was named for Mill Creek which crossed it and the groves of Parkland forest trees that stood there. By 1971, a development plan had been prepared by the City of Edmonton. The City began to purchase the land, subdivide it and sell residential and commercial building lots. More about Jackson Heights... 

Jackson Heights Listings

All Listings $200,000 - $300,000 $300,000 - $400,000
$400,000 - $500,000 $600,000 - $700,000
19 Properties Found. Showing Page 1 of 2
Map
Sort by:

Jackson Heights is a triangular shaped neighbourhood bounded on the west by 50th Street, north by Whitemud Drive and a utility corridor that has been developed into open green space. Part of the Mill Creek Ravine crosses through the southern portion of the neighbourhood. The focus of the neighbourhood is a multiple purpose school and recreational area. Residents are served by businesses on a small commercial site along 50th street.

Jackson Heights is named in honour of Annie B. Jackson, first policewomen in Canada. She was appointed to the Edmonton Police Department in 1912, and received world-wide acclaim when her photograph as a Policewoman appeared on the front page of the London Daily Mirror on August 8, 1913. James Crescent is named in honour of Mr. Harry James, pioneer managed the Brown Fruit Co., Ltd. for seven years and in 1959 was appointed Alberta supervisor. Jamha Road is named in honour of Sam Jamha one of Alberta’s first Lebanese immigrants, and founder of the first Muslim Mosque in North America. Jarvis Crescent is named in honour of Mr. William Drummer Jarvis, NWMP inspector. Under his command Fort Saskatchewan was established. Jefferson Road is named in honour of Mr. Brig J. C. Jefferson. Jellett Way is named in honour of St. George Jellett, pioneer businessman. Joyce Crescent and Road are named in honour of Annie C. Joyce, librarian, serving 41 years in Edmonton’s main libraries. Jefferys Crescent is named in honour of Mr. Charles W. Jefferys, Canada’s greatest artisthistorian. Jenner Cove is named in honour of Mr. Frederick Thomas Jenner, founder of Jenner Motors and was a chairman of the Board of Governors, University of Alberta. Jennings Bay is named in honour Mr. Reginald Jennings, who joined the Edmonton Police Force in 1914 and after several promotions; he was appointed Chief Constable in 1943. Jillings Crescent is named in honour Mr. David Jillings. He was employed with Edmonton Power and later assumed responsibility of Business Manager of I.B.E.W. 1007. Jordan Crescent is named in honour of Reverend Anthony Jordan, Roman Catholic Archbishop of Edmonton.

Information taken from City of Edmonton website.

 

Disclaimer: Information herein deemed reliable but not guaranteed by the EREB.

Listing information last updated on September 20th, 2017 at 10:32am MDT.