Between 1876 and 1891 the Mill Woods area was settled, under treaty, by a Metis-Cree band led by John Papaschase. After 1891, when the Papaschase reserve was abandoned, the area became part of the ring of agricultural settlement surrounding the City of Edmonton. In 1970, concern over rising costs of serviced land prompted the Government of Alberta to assemble a land bank southeast of the City. In 1971, the City of Edmonton prepared a development plan & began purchasing the land from the Province. The area was named for the Mill Creek, which crossed it, and the groves of trees which stood there. More about Town Centre...
Town Centre Listings
In 1969, the City of Edmonton set aside a 250 acre parcel of land close to the geographic centre of Mill Woods for the development of a Town Centre. It was envisioned that the Town Centre would be a multi-land use project, consisting of a regional shopping centre, office developments, institutional facilities, medium and high density housing and various commercial establishments. Situated at the heart of the community the Town Centre is an important focal point of major commercial, cultural and social activities in Mill Woods.
The geographical boundaries of this community are:
- NORTH: 34 AVE
- SOUTH: 23 AVE
- EAST: 50 ST
- WEST: 66 ST
City Council representative: Ward 11, Kerry Diotte
Information taken from City of Edmonton website.
Disclaimer: Information herein deemed reliable but not guaranteed by the EREB.
Listing information last updated on November 23rd, 2017 at 11:17am MST.