FALL IN THE CITY
With that first snowfall under our belts, I thought I’d compile a short list of things that you should consider doing in your yard & garden before winter really sets in. Luckily our forecast looks pretty nice for the upcoming week; it’s a great opportunity to get outside and enjoy the last warm(~ish) days of this year!
- Transplant / plant shrubs or young trees to new locations.
- Fertilize your lawn.
- Cut diseased areas out of perennials (do not compost these).
- Rake fallen leaves. And compost!
- Remove all vegetable plants & fallen fruit.
- Remove dead annuals from the garden.
- Cut back perennial foliage (but leave the flowers with seeds for the birds).
- Continue watering trees and shrubs until the ground