- Single Family
- 4 Beds
- 3 Baths
- 1,223 SqFt
- Condo / Townhouse
- 2 Beds
- 3 Baths
- 1,045 SqFt
Don't Have an Account? Sign Up to Save Favorite Listings, Save Searches & More...
Overlanders is one of three neighbourhoods located within the Hermitage plan area. In 1875 an Anglican minister, Canon William Newton, arrived in the Edmonton settlement and built his first church, a home and a hospital in an area he called the Hermitage. Reverend Newton’s home remained there for more than 25 years. During that time, the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway line formalized the area’s south boundary along the railroad right-of-way. Land in the Hermitage area was annexed to the City of Edmonton in 1961. More about Overlanders...
|All Listings||$200,000 - $300,000||$300,000 - $400,000|
Land development was held up during the 1960s while government officials and developers addressed concerns about residential development too near the industrial plants in the vicinity. By 1970, these concerns were resolved and Overlanders was included within the Hermitage Outline Plan area. The neighbourhood was subdivided in 1977 and building commenced within a year.
Almost all of the neighbourhood’s single family houses and one third of the row houses were built by the end of the 1970s. Apartment housing and the majority of row housing structures were constructed during the 1980s. Linkage to other Hermitage neighbourhoods is provided by collector roads and a system of bicycle and pedestrian pathways. Located at the centre of the neighbourhood is a multi purpose educational and recreational site. Overlanders residents can access river valley parks directly on the neighbourhood’s north side or by following roadways or paths through Canon Ridge to the east.
Information taken from City of Edmonton website.